Resources for Promoting Your Utility
Here you can download assets from APPA’s WeAreCommunityPowered public awareness campaign. For certain designs, you may request a customized file that includes your city or utility logo or name.
Communications Plan Template
Take a look at this annual communications plan template for a public power utility. Whether you’re just starting down the road to better communications with your customers or looking to boost your efforts, you may find some ideas. Members may download this plan, customize, and use as needed.
Social Media How-tos
Want to start engaging on social media or need some tips to enhance what you’re already doing? Watch our social media quick tutorial videos, with tips on how to get the most out of various channels.
- Facebook Basics for Public Power
- Twitter Basics for Public Power
- Instagram Basics for Public Power
- Making Sense of Social Media Metrics
- Boosting and Increasing Your Social Reach
- Access resources to celebrate Public Power Week in the first full week of October every year.
- Reprint any of the articles from Public Power Current, Public Power Magazine, or our blog.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram and share/repost our content on your channels.
- Review the guidebook, Positioning Your Community to Succeed in Sellout Evaluation.
- A printable map of all public power utilities is available for download.
Share on Social Media
Bring #PublicPower to Tomorrow’s Customers
In 2019, we’re focusing on bringing the #publicpower message to students. Share messages, photos, or videos to Twitter or Instagram. A full collection of resources are available for you to use. Learn more about strategies to make the most of these messages and resources.